- What are the restrictions of the per-developer license?
You can install install4j on as many machines as you wish as long
as it is ensured that only you have access to the installations.
If two developers might be using install4j, you need two licenses,
even if on the same machine.
- What is the difference between the Multi-Platform Edition and the Windows Edition?
The difference between the editions of install4j is explained
- Are there any restrictions for the distribution of installers?
No, there are no restrictions or royalties for the distribution of generated installers.
- What upgrades will I get?
Minor upgrades are always free. A major upgrade is free of charge
when it is released during the support period (60 days for a standard license,
1 year for a support package).
- What is a floating license?
With floating licenses, a maximum number of users will be able to run
install4j at a time. If, for example, you have purchased two floating licenses, all
developers in your organization can run install4j from their computers, but
only two at a time.
- How do floating licenses work?
After purchasing a floating license, you will receive a license server that you have
to run in order to be able to use install4j on your network. All install4j installations
must have network access to this license server. The license server is a pure Java application and
requires a 1.5 JRE or higher. There are installers and archives for all platforms available.
- I would prefer a per-machine license
Per machine licensing is also possible. Contact us at
for more information.